Yoga For Fertility
Lifestyle in IVF - Fertility Yoga
Fertility issues are one of the consequences of a fast and modern lifestyle. Fertility rates are influenced by a wide range of medical, physical, psychological, and hormonal factors. Modification in lifestyle, diet, and exercise routine can help you for a stress-free conception and pregnancy.
In India, yoga is an age-old practice and its impact on keeping the body and mind healthy is immense.
The proven benefits of yoga are not only limited to enhancing the rates of fertility but also aiding in healthy fetal development.
Prominent benefits of fertility yoga:
Fertility yoga poses is associated with a bouquet of positive implications like:
- Helps remove harmful toxins from the bloodstream.
- Improves blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Maintains a hormonal equilibrium.
- Keeps you strong, resilient mentally and physically for delivery.
- Prepares your body for a smooth delivery process.
- Helps minimize pregnancy complications.
- Helps reduce pregnancy symptoms like nausea, morning sickness, mood swings, etc.
- Improves your fertility health and fetal health.
A few fertility yoga poses:
- Bhramari Pranayama :According to studies, humming bee breath or bhramari pranayama relieves stress, anxiety, tensions, and calms the body. It is also known to increase the chances of conception.
- Paschimottanasana :This pose is also called seated forward bend and can improve the health of reproductive tissues.
- Nadi Shodhan Pranayama :This fertility yoga pose is an alternate nostril breathing technique that can calm the body and mind. It is known to improve oxygen levels and purify the blood. It can relieve accumulated stress.
- Hastapadasana :This pose is the standing forward bend pose. It is known to improve blood circulation, flexibility and relieve abdominal stress.
- Bhujangasana :Bhujangasana is one of the effective asanas that can improve fertility. It increases blood flow to the reproductive organs, creates a hormonal balance, and aids the production of cervical mucus. It can also strengthen the spine and shoulders.
- Setu Bandhasana : This pose regulates the pelvic movement and improves thyroid function. It also helps manage anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Baddha Konasana :The butterfly pose of fertility yoga poses helps improve the flexibility of the hips, thighs, knees aiding a smooth and less painful delivery.
- Janu Shirasana :This is a one-legged Forward Bend or head to knee pose. This pose helps with the stretching of calves muscles and hamstrings. It can relax the abdominal muscles and is highly recommended for infertility treatment.
- Viparita Karani :This is a pose where the legs are relaxed up the wall. This pose improves blood flow to the pelvic region and relieves backache.
- Shavasana :A pose performed to end the yoga practice helps maintain heart rate, relaxes strained muscles, body and mind.
Yoga for PCOS
It has been observed that yoga for PCOS can help open up the pelvic area and also release deeply stored stress and promote relaxation of the mind and body. Experts suggest doing sukshma vyayamas, halasana, bhujanga asanas, and balasana to treat PCOS. These poses help in reducing belly and make the back stronger which helps in treating the disorder.
CAUTION: Rhythmic breathing exercises and fertility yoga poses for fertility are to be performed under expert guidance.
OMYA Fertility Centre in Delhi recommends connecting with our fertility specialists/yoga experts who can decide and guide you accordingly with the best, effective type of fertility yoga poses, its duration of practice, and how to perform it while undergoing the IVF treatment.