Best ICSI Treatment in Delhi | Omya Fertility
Best ICSI Treatment in Delhi
Infertility can be extremely challenging and a result of countless known or unknown factors. With the advancement in fertility treatments such as intracytoplasmic sperm injection and in vitro fertilisation, which can help couples fulfill their long-cherished dream of parenthood.
Overview of ICSI
While the sperm fertilizes the egg, the sperm is required to attach with the outside layer of the egg. After attachment, the sperm pushes itself into the egg’s cytoplasm for fertilization.
Sometimes the sperm cannot penetrate the thick outer layer due to various reasons. And in such scenarios, intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI can help fertilize the sperm with the egg retrieved through IVF.
ICSI is an extended procedure of IVF where the viable selected sperm is injected directly into the inner cytoplasm of the egg. If you are located in Delhi, you can get the best ICSI treatment in Delhi at OMYA fertility center.
Who might need ICSI Treatment?
ICSI is recommended to couples in the following conditions:
The sperm is unable to move normally.
- The sperm count is very low or very few sperms are produced by the male partner to perform IVF or artificial insemination (intrauterine insemination [IUI]).
- Sperm is retrieved directly from the testicles (TESA), epididymis (PESA), or from the urine, or by electro-ejaculation.
- The semen has high levels of antibodies.
- IVF treatments in the past have resulted in failed fertilisation (TFF).
- Sperm is characterised by a high rate of abnormality ( teratozoospermia)
- The sperm may have difficulty getting attached to the egg. Especially if the acrosome is missing in sperms which is responsible for binding to zona of oocyte. Globozooospermia is a strong indicator for ICSI.
- When in vitro matured eggs are being used(IVM).
- Eggs have not been fertilised by the traditional IVF procedure, irrespective of the condition of the sperm.
- Previously frozen eggs are being used.
- Some cases of unexplained infertility.
- Where a man who previously had a vasectomy wants to start a new family and has undergone PESA or TESA.
When is ICSI the best alternative?
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI is the best alternative when the sperms fail to penetrate the egg, causing fertilization issues in a traditional IVF procedure. Other reasons for choosing ICSI-IVF combined procedure include:
Male fertility factors: Various fertility issues in men, including sperm fertility factors, are addressed through ICSI treatment.
- Teratozoospermia - Abnormal sperm morphology or abnormally shaped sperm.
- Asthenospermia or Asthenozoospermia - Less motile sperms or slow-moving sperms.
- Oligospermia - A low sperm count.
- An obstruction of ducts prevents sperm release and causes Azoospermia (no sperms in the ejaculate).
- Antisperm antibodies (ASA) - Antibodies produced by the man’s body mistakenly target the sperms to destroy them.
- A vasectomy or Unsuccessful vasectomy reversal results in low sperm numbers or poor sperm quality.
ICSI is also an alternative considered when in vitro matured (IVM) eggs or previously frozen eggs are used.
What is the best alternative to ICSI?
ICSI primarily takes care of sperm fertility factors. Alternative treatments to ICSI and low sperm numbers, considered as a first resort before attempting with ICSI are:
- Hormonal treatment : Similar to hormone therapy in females, hormonal interventions in men can improve sperm production and sperm count.
- Antibiotic treatment : In cases where infections affect sperm production, antibiotic treatments can eliminate infections and scarring while helping retrieve sperm count.
- Surgery : Surgical treatment can repair the blockage of sperm transporting ducts or vasectomy and simultaneously help restore sperm numbers.
- Artificial donor sperm insemination : When the testicles cannot produce sperms, sperm donation is a good alternative. Artificial insemination of donor sperm can help conceive.
Apart from the above procedures, ICSI can be an extended procedure to more advanced techniques designed to select viable and fit sperms based on morphology and physiological characteristics.
- Intracytoplasmic injection of morphologically selected sperms (IMSI) : For abnormal sperm shape or size, the IMSI procedure helps select morphologically fit sperms with the help of a 6,600 times magnifying microscope.
- Physiological ICSI (PICSI) : PICSI allows the elimination of immature sperms using natural hyaluronan bipolymer plates.
ICSI, IMSI, and PICSI increase fertilization rates and reduce the chances of miscarriages. At OMYA, you have experienced ICSI specialists and embryologists, assuring you of the best ICSI treatment in Delhi.
What is the ICSI Process?
A single egg matures every month in a normal ovulation cycle. The primary objective of 1an ICSI cycle is to fertilise as many mature eggs as possible as it will increase the chances of achieving pregnancy through the treatment. For this, ovarian stimulation is required. It is worthwhile to note here that the eggs being stimulated would have died or grown that month. Therefore, ovarian stimulation does not deplete the ovaries for the future
Step 1-Ovary Stimulation
In the first step of the ICSI procedure, ovaries are stimulated using injectable medications for about 10 to 12 days so that they can produce many eggs. Luteinising hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), which are naturally produced within the body, comprise injectable medications. During this stimulation phase, the woman will be asked to visit the clinic everyday for injections and for monitoring so that the fertility specialist can track the progress of egg growth and blood estradiol levels and make adjustments to the medications if required.
The trigger injection is the final step in this treatment’s stimulation phase. The woman will receive either a buserelin or human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) trigger depending on her individual protocol. This injection will assist the developing eggs to complete the process of maturation and set the woman’s ovulation in motion. The timing of this procedure is critical as the fertility specialist is required to perform the process of egg retrieval before the expected time of ovulation.
Step 2-Egg Retrieval
The fertility specialist will perform the procedure of egg retrieval as part of the ICSI treatment. The woman will meet an anaesthetist who will evaluate her medical history and records before administering the anaesthesia for the procedure which will last for 20 minutes.
Obtaining the sperm: A member of the embryology team will visit the couple if a fresh sperm sample is to be used. If a sperm collected previously as a frozen sperm sample is to be used, the details of them will be verified by the embryologist. Thereafter, the sperm will be “washed and prepared” by the andrology laboratory. This helps in bringing together the healthiest sperm with the eggs for fertilisation after the successful completion of egg retrieval process .
Obtaining the eggs: The process of egg retrieval takes approximately 20 to 25 minutes. During this duration, the fertility specialist as part of the ICSI treatment will guide a needle into each ovary for removing the egg-containing fluid in the follicles with the help of ultrasound guidance . Recovery will take approximately 25-30 minutes and the woman can then go back home after observation after a few hours. It is highly recommended that a responsible adult or her life partner accompanies her as it is not safe to drive under the influence of anaesthesia.
The embryologist will prepare the sperm and eggs after the process of egg retrieval is completed. The embryologist will prepare special dishes under a microscope, a highly trained and skilled embryologist will inject morphological normal sperm into each mature egg under high magnification with inverted microscope and special instrument known as Micromanipulator .
Step 4-Embryo Development
Embryo development starts after fertilisation.
Over the course of the following 5 days, the embryologist will continue to evaluate each developing embryo. The purpose of this is to examine progressive development with a two- to four-cell embryo on day 2 and a six- to eight-cell embryo on day 3. Rapid cell division continues after the eight-cell stage. The embryo will then enter into what is referred to as the blastocyst stage at day 5 . The fertility specialist will then transfer the highest-quality embryo(s) into the woman so that she has the best chances of conceiving.
Step 5-Embryo Transfer
The simple procedure of embryo transfer takes only 5-7 minutes to complete. There is no associated recovery time or requirement of anaesthesia. The nurse will arrange for the embryo transfer and notifies the woman (the aspirant mother) with instructions on when to arrive and how to prepare for embryo transfer. The woman will be asked to come with a full bladder as it will ensure good visualisation of the lining of the uterus and will facilitate proper placement of the embryos. For this, it is advised to consume a good amount of liquids 30-40 minutes ahead of time. The aspirant mother will be informed about the quality and the number of embryos recommended for transfer evaluated by the fertility specialist.
The embryologist will confirm her name and the number of embryos for transfer after she has entered the embryo transfer room. The embryologist will then initiate the task of loading the transfer catheter with the embryo(s) in the embryology lab. The fertility specialist will then insert the catheter into the female uterus. Thereafter, the embryo(s) will be pushed through with a small amount of fluid. Visual guidance through a monitor will be accessed through an external abdominal ultrasound so that the doctor can monitor the entire procedure. The catheter is removed after the embryo(s) is transferred.
Since the naked eye cannot view the embryo, the catheter will be examined by the embryologist under a microscope to make sure the embryo has been released from it. The doctor will thereafter offer instructions to the aspirant mother for the following two weeks before it is time for the pregnancy test.
Step 6-The Pregnancy Test
You will be asked to take a pregnancy test two weeks after the embryo transfer has taken place. The blood test is usually known as a “beta hcg” as it measures the hCG hormone’s beta chain portion emitted by the developing embryo. The result of the pregnancy test is required to be communicated by the aspirant mother to the fertility clinic or the fertility specialist so that the next steps can be planned.
Benefits of ICSI
- ICSI enhances the fertilisation rate to increase the number of available embryos for transfer into the female uterus or for freezing.
- It is an excellent treatment for male factor infertility: In cases in which couples are having difficulty conceiving due in part or in whole to male factor infertility, ICSI has been highly effective.
- It can improve the chances of successful fertilization among patients who have had poor IVF results in the past.
- ICSI can result in successful fertilisation as long as viable sperm can be obtained. If viable sperm is available, the success rate of this fertility procedure remains unaffected by the sperm quality and semen characteristics.
Success Rate of ICSI In Delhi
Fertilisation rates of 80 to 85 per cent (of all mature eggs injected) that is equivalent to that of fertilisation with normal sperm can be expected. Patients can expect a higher fertilisation rate by selecting Omya Fertility, one of the most trusted providers of the best ICSI treatment in Delhi and the best fertility clinic in Delhi
How Much Does ICSI Treatment Cost?
The cost of ICSI through the best ICSI treatment in Delhi is approximately INR 90,000 – 250,000 though it may vary. It may vary depending upon a number of factors such as the extent and severity of infertility, added procedures involved like laser Hatching, embryo glue etc, quality of medications used , the success rate of the clinic, the qualifications and expertise of the fertility specialist and embryologist, etc.
Why Omya as ICSI centre in Delhi?
If you are looking for the best ICSI treatment in Delhi, you should call or visit Omya Fertility that is regarded as the best IVF and ICSI clinic in Delhi NCR.
Omya Fertility is a state-of-the-art fertility centre that is recognised nationally and globally for offering highly sophisticated assisted reproductive technology (ART) and laboratory procedures. Offering the best ICSI treatment in Delhi, Omya Fertility is dedicated to providing world-class fertility care, personalised treatment, and innovative procedures. The fertility clinic has a team of experienced and qualified fertility specialists, surgeons, doctors, nurses, counsellors, and other medical professionals so it can offer personalised attention, treatment, compassionate care, and the best ICSI treatment in Delhi to every patient.
Omya Fertility offers a wide range of treatment choices and options for you to have the best chance to experience a healthy, successful, quick, and hassle-free pregnancy and delivery.
If you have questions about ICSI and IVF fertility procedures or want to learn more about advanced fertility treatment options, please feel free to reach out to Omya Fertility. Our experienced team members will be happy to guide and assist you to address all your queries, doubts, and concerns you may have about how to start your journey to parenthood.
At Omya Fertility, we understand that the entire process of infertility treatment can be emotionally and physically draining. This is the reason why our compassionate and empathetic teams provide support and guidance throughout your infertility treatment. They will understand your expectations and take time to answer all your questions so that every concern is addressed. Our team members will always ensure that you feel fully at ease at Omya Fertility and know that you can rely on us at all times.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI allows direct injection of sperm into the egg’s cytoplasm. The embryo developed through this procedure is transferred into the female reproductive tract for further development.
The cost of the best ICSI treatment in Delhi along with IVF procedure, can be anywhere between Rs. 1,75,000 to 1,80,000. The cost of ICSI varies between clinics and other cost-related factors.
The best ICSI treatment in Delhi or elsewhere is a part of the IVF process, where the retrieved sperm is directly injected into the egg. This allows precise fertilisation of gametes. One can optimise their chances of ICSI-IVF in the following ways.
- Maintain healthy body weight,
- De-stress yourself,
- Quit smoking,
- Take supplements like vitamins and calcium, that can improve reproductive health,
- Ensure your body gets good levels of vitamin D,
- Moderately exercise,
- Follow a healthy diet with fertility-enhancing foods- fresh green leafy vegetables, fruits, high-protein, Omega- 3 fatty acid-rich, low carb, and sugar diet.
For couples having fertilisation issues, poor sperm quality or quantity, ICSI encounters many fertility issues. It improves the chances of fertilisation in almost 50 to 80 percent of cases, while it even helps enhance ICSI-IVF pregnancy possibilities.
ICSI is an extra stage added to the regular IVF process. Studies have shown that IVF with ICSI fertilisation has significantly increased fertilisation and implantation rates. Chemical and clinical pregnancy rates through ICSI are also high, with low possibilities of genetic or chromosomal anomalies in the embryo.