Best IUI centre in Delhi | Best IUI treatment in Delhi
Best IUI centre in Delhi | Best IUI treatment in Delhi
Are you looking for help with infertility treatment options? Have you tried to achieve pregnancy but the results have been discouraging by now? There is absolutely no reason to worry as Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), a painless and non-invasive fertility treatment, can help you realise your long-cherished dreams of pregnancy and parenthood.
In this piece of information, you will also find out how to access the best IUI treatment in Delhi and identify the best IUI centre in Delhi.
The full form of IUI is Intrauterine Insemination. IUI is a special type of artificial procedure commonly used to treat infertility. This procedure involves the extraction of sperms and placing the washed sperms in the female reproductive tract at the right time of ovulation. Thus, the journey of sperm towards the egg is reduced, and fertilisation chances are also improved through this process of infertility treatment. You must consult us at the OMYA fertility centre for the best IUI treatment in Delhi.
What is IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) Treatment in Delhi?
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a form of relatively affordable and noninvasive fertility treatment compared to costly and invasive fertility treatment options such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF). In most infertility cases, couples may initiate with IUI before they are recommended to try IVF if needed. Intrauterine Insemination may be the only infertility treatment that some couples require to achieve pregnancy and parenthood.
Intrauterine Insemination is the preferred option for couples who are diagnosed with unexplained infertility, low sperm count, complications of the cervix or cervical mucus, reduced sperm motility, same-sex couples wishing to conceive, mild endometriosis, a single woman wishing to conceive, and a couple who wants to avoid passing on a genetic defect from the male partner to the unborn baby.
IUI is not effective for women with severe fallopian tube disease, women with moderate to severe endometriosis, women who have had both their fallopian tubes blocked or removed, or women who have had multiple pelvic infections.
What is IUI Treatment Cost in India?
IUI in India is an affordable infertility treatment option. The IUI cost in India is subject to change depending on the clinics, cities, and other cost-influencing factors.
Here’s a detailed list of the approximate cost of IUI in the popular cities in India.
The above-mentioned costs are approximate values. They can vary based on the complexities of the IUI procedure and do not include the cost of the fertility medications or the ovary stimulation procedure.
|Popular cities of India||Approximate IUI cost|
|Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida, Gurgaon, and NCR regions||Rs. 6000 to Rs. 8500|
|Bangalore||Rs. 8000 to Rs. 9000|
|Mumbai||Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 12,000|
|Kolkata||Rs. 6000 to Rs. 9000|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 5000 to Rs. 8000|
|Ahmedabad||Rs. 5000 to Rs. 8500|
|Chennai||Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10,000|
The above-mentioned costs are approximate values. They can vary based on the complexities of the IUI procedure and do not include the cost of the fertility medications or the ovary stimulation procedure.
IUI is often combined with procedures, such as semen analysis, sperm freezing, surgical sperm aspiration procedures, and more.
|Additional procedures of IUI||COST (IN Rs)The cost of these extra procedures will add up to the overall IUI pricing at the best IUI center in Delhi. The added IUI procedures included in the best IUI treatment in Delhi and its approx cost are tabled below.|
|Semen Analysis||₹500 – ₹5,000|
|Semen Related tests||₹1,500 – ₹7,000|
|Semen Transfer||₹4,000 – ₹10,000|
|Semen Freezing||₹3,000 – ₹12,000|
|PESA, MESA, TESA||₹10,000 – ₹25,000|
Note : The costs differ from clinic-to-clinic and from city-to-city.
Also Read : IUI Cost In India
Factors affecting the cost of IUI
Intrauterine insemination or IUI is a fertility treatment. The IUI process involves sperm retrieval, selection, and insemination into the female reproductive tract at the right time of ovulation. The cost of IUI depends on several factors, including the couple's age, their infertility condition, medication effects, number of IUI cycles, and the city and clinic facilities.
Here are some of the cost-affecting factors of IUI:
- The Age of Woman: The woman’s age plays a dominant role in understanding the success rate and the number of cycles required, which is directly proportional to the costs. It is worth noting that the success of IUI is higher for young women. The chances of getting pregnant through IUI for women above 35 is nearly 10-20%. And for women above 40, the chances of IUI success is 2-5 percent. In such cases, fertility specialists may recommend more than one IUI cycle, which may affect the cost. Generally, post three or four unsuccessful IUI cycles, IVF is considered to attain fertility and pregnancy.
- Fertility Medications and Ovulation Stimulation cost: The IUI treatment cost varies depending on fertility medications and injections. IUI with ovulation stimulation can invariably increase the IUI cost, as the ovary stimulation protocols involve injections and medications that can add up to the overall cost.
- Cost of Follicle Monitoring: To obtain adequate mature eggs for fertilisation and know the right time of ovulation, follicles are regularly monitored with ultrasound scans during the IUI treatment. This additional monitoring procedure can increase the cost.
- City and clinic of treatment: The facilities and infrastructure of the clinic and the city also decide the cost of IUI treatment. The other factors include the number of IUI cycles. The more the number of cycles, the more the overall IUI cost.
Types of IUI Treatment
- Natural cycle : During this procedure, no medications are used by the infertility doctor for a natural IUI cycle.
- Triggered cycle : It adds the component of using medications for triggering ovulation for a certain time to more optimally time insemination, which further improves the chances of pregnancy. Generally, IUI happens 36 hours after the trigger medication has been injected or taken orally.
- Oral medication cycle : Letrozole or Clomid is administered for enhancing egg development and ovulation. There is a reduced risk of multiple babies with oral medications compared to injectables.
- Injectable medication cycle : Injectable gonadotropin medications are administered for stimulating the ovaries with oral medications.
Who Needs IUI Treatment in Delhi?
Intrauterine Insemination may be recommended for infertile couples when the male is diagnosed with low sperm mobility and low sperm count. However, IUI may also be suggested for the following conditions:
- Ejaculation dysfunction
- Severe cervical condition, including cervical mucus problems
- Unexplained infertility
- Cervical scar tissue from surgical procedures in the past that may inhibit the ability of sperms to enter the uterus.
Intrauterine Insemination is not recommended to women with a history of pelvic infections or with moderate to severe endometriosis , women who have severe disease of fallopian tube ,anyone over the age of 40 , if you have poor quality eggs or a low ovarian reserve.
IUI is commonly recommended to couples who have:
- Unexplained fertility : Intrauterine Insemination is generally performed as the first line of treatment for unexplained infertility along with medications to induce ovulation.
- Donor sperm : Intrauterine Insemination is recommended for women who have to make use of donor sperm to get pregnant. Before the IUI procedure, frozen specimens of the donor sperm are obtained from certified laboratories and thawed.
- Endometriosis-related infertility : IUI along with medications for obtaining a good-quality egg is generally the first treatment approach for infertility because of endometriosis.
- Cervical factor infertility : The cervix, which is located at the lower end of the uterus, offers the opening between the vagina and uterus. Mucus that is provided around the time of ovulation by the cervix offers the ideal environment for the male sperm to travel from the vagina to the fallopian tubes. However, the journey of the sperm may be impeded if the cervical mucus is too thick. The cervix itself may inhibit the male sperm from concluding its journey to reach the egg. Scarring caused by factors such as a biopsy or other medical procedures may lead to the thickening of the cervix. Intrauterine Insemination bypasses the cervix so that sperm can get deposited directly into the female uterus and the count of available sperms to engage with the awaiting egg can be increased.
- Semen allergy : In rare cases, women may experience an allergy to proteins in the semen of their partner. In such cases, ejaculation inside the vagina may result in burning, swelling, and redness when the semen gets into contact with the female skin. A condom may protect women from these symptoms but it also prevents pregnancy. If the sensitivity is severe, Intrauterine Insemination may prove to be an effective option as most of the proteins in semen are removed before it is inserted into the vagina.
- Ovulatory factor infertility : Intrauterine Insemination may be a good choice for women whose infertility is a result of complications with ovulation, including a low count of eggs or the absence of ovulation in that case help of fertility medications is required.
What is the Procedure of IUI Treatment
Intrauterine Insemination is sometimes performed in what is known as the “natural cycle” which means no medications are prescribed. In other words, a woman ovulates naturally and sperm is placed inside the vagina around the time of her ovulation at the doctor’s office. Intrauterine Insemination may also be combined with ovarian stimulation.
Medications like hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin), FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), and clomiphene citrate (Clomid) may be prescribed by the doctor to prompt the ovaries to mature and release a single egg or multiple eggs. It is worthwhile to note that ovulation with more than one egg generally leads to an increase in the chance of pregnancy and parenthood.
Every medical facility and infertility doctor will have their own specific instructions for the procedure. The infertility doctor will recommend a typical timeline after having the initial consultation about the ideal time to perform the IUI procedure.
For this, couples may have to visit the doctor’s office a few times and the woman has to undergo ultrasounds, bloodwork, and medication instructions during her menstrual cycles. The woman may receive certain medications while on her menstrual cycles to increase her chances of achieving pregnancy. A week after the medications have been administered, the woman may be advised to undergo another ultrasound to assess the egg size and number.
Depending on the sonography results, the infertility specialist will evaluate when the woman is ovulating and when the couple should revisit the clinic. During the visit, the male partner will provide a semen sample on the day of the procedure. It is important for the couple to abstain from intercourse a few days before the day of the semen sample as this usually helps in achieving a better semen volume and quality.
How is sperm collected in IUI?
The male sperm required for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) may be collected in different ways. Most commonly, the man stimulates his genitals to bring out sperm into a plastic cup or sterile glass provided by the andrology laboratory or doctor’s office. In cases where the man is diagnosed with retrograde ejaculation, the sperm may be retrieved in the laboratory from the urine he has collected.
On the other hand, men who are experiencing issues with ejaculation or erection may be able to produce a sperm sample with the help of medication ,electroejaculation or vibratory stimulation.
The semen sample once collected is “washed” in the laboratory with a predefined purpose to concentrate the sperm and remove the seminal fluid. This IUI process may take up to 2 hours to complete. It is important to remember that the IUI process is performed around the time when the woman is ovulating.
The Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) procedure is relatively simple and takes only a few minutes after the semen sample is ready. On an examining table, the woman lies and a speculum is inserted into the vagina to visualize her cervix. A narrow tube (catheter) is inserted through the cervix into the female uterus and the “washed” sample of semen is injected slowly.
The doctor may perform the second insemination the following day and prescribe progesterone after the procedure. The woman is asked to take a pregnancy test two weeks after the Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) procedure.
The success of the IUI procedure depends primarily on the underlying cause of infertility. Intrauterine Insemination is more successful in couples with unexplained infertility, men who are unable to ejaculate effectively, and women with a cervix that inhibits the passage of sperm. For instance, the pregnancy rate with Intrauterine Insemination is double when compared to no infertility treatment for unexplained infertility.
Overall, the success rates of IUI procedures are better when inseminations are performed every month with fresh sperm. The success rate depends on the age of the woman, infertility diagnosis, the types of infertility medications, and other factors.
The entire process of IUI is generally painless and doesn’t require anaesthesia.
Different Tests required for IUI?
Before undergoing IUI treatment, the fertility doctor will ask the woman to take an X-ray test known as a hysterosalpingogram to evaluate that they have at least a single open fallopian tube. The male partner will be asked to provide a semen specimen before the IUI procedure to check all semen parameters .Blood work to rule out the possibility of any infectious disease . The specific tests are HTLV, HIV, hepatitis B surface antigen, RPR (a test for syphilis), and hepatitis C antibody.
How does IUI Treatment help in infertility?
The best IUI treatment in Delhi and elsewhere helps treat many fertility conditions. IUI helps couples with the following fertility issues.
- Endometriosis: IUI is the first treatment approach for infertility due to endometriosis. Medications help obtain good quality eggs that can help through a successful IUI.
- Male Fertility Factor: For men having mild or moderate fertility issues such as low sperm concentration, poor motility, and abnormal morphology, IUI can help overcome by separation of viable, motile, and high-quality sperms that can be inseminated into the female reproductive tract.
- Cervical fertility factor: If the cervical mucus that ensures the ideal environment for sperm passage is thick, it can affect the sperm’s odyssey and prevent the sperm from travelling towards the egg. IUI cuts down the sperm’s journey through the cervix and places the sperm directly into the uterus.
- Tubal factors: IUI success chances are more when the tubal blockage is close to the uterus or one of the fallopian tubes is functional.
- Ovulatory issues: For women with ovulatory problems, ovulation stimulation with IUI can help regularise ovulation and monitor the follicle for improved fertility.
- Other reasons: IUI can be considered for issues like unexplained infertility, sperm allergy, and severe male fertility issues (use of donor sperm).
Things to Consider before IUI Treatment in Delhi
It is important for couples looking for infertility treatment to gain a clear and complete understanding of the IUI procedure, its pros and cons, and how to improve their chances of becoming parents. It is also important for you to have realistic expectations and cut down on the levels of stress as these aspects can hurt your pregnancy chances. You should remember that any form of infertility treatment takes time and therefore you should not over-burden yourself or over-expect the results. Remember, a few small steps now can help you walk strongly and happily on the path to parenthood.
Most couples opt for Omya Fertility, which is considered the best IUI center in Delhi. Offering the best IUI treatment in Delhi, Omya Fertility is rated very highly by couples who have almost lost all hopes of achieving parenthood before the best IUI center in Delhi helped them realize their long-cherished dreams.
As the best fertility clinic in Delhi, Omya Fertility takes great pride in offering a wide range of infertility treatments like IUI, IVF, ICSI, PGT and Donor – surrogacy programs. If you need help or guidance related to the IUI procedure or any other infertility treatment option, you can contact Omya Fertility – the best IUI center in Delhi to avail affordable and the best IUI treatment in Delhi.
What is IUI Success Rate in Delhi?
The success rate of IUI for younger women while availing the best IUI treatment in Delhi is higher when compared to those who are 35 years or older. The success rates of IUI on the first attempt are 20 percent for women in the age group of 20-30 years, 10-20 percent for those in the age group of 31-35, 10 percent for those in the age group of 36-40 years, and 5 percent for those in the age group of 41 years or more. Women with unexplained infertility have about 20-25 percent chance to get pregnant after a few cycles.
What cycle of IUI is most successful?
According to statistics, IUI pregnancies mostly occur in the first three or four IUI cycles. Studies show that nearly 88 to 90% of successful IUI’s occur in the first three IUI cycles, while 95% occur within the first four. Omya, the best IUI Centre in Delhi, claims a nearly 80-90% success rate with multiple IUI attempts.
What is the success rate for IUI first try?
The success rate of IUI majorly depends on the age of the woman. The success rate of IUI in the first cycle for women under 35 is 13%, 35-40 is 9-10%, and above 40 is 2-3%. The IUI success rate at Omya, the best IUI centre in Delhi, is nearly 50-60% for the first IUI cycle.
In which cases is IUI successful?
The best IUI treatment in Delhi or anywhere successfully helps treat male fertility factors- low sperm count, poor sperm motility, and abnormally structured sperms. Apart from them, female fertility factors like specific tubal factors, cervical issues, ovulatory problems, and unexplained infertility.
What increases IUI success?
When it comes to IUI success, along with egg and sperm quality, timing is the key. Medicated cycle, follicular monitoring, and the right time of insemination, i.e., when the egg awaits the sperm, can significantly increase IUI success chances.
Tips And Precautions Before IUI Treatment
- It is important for couples opting for infertility treatment to increase their chances of being parents by eating foods that are rich in antioxidants such as zinc and folate as they deactivate the number of free radicals in the body that can damage egg cells and sperm. For this, couples may initiate a diet rich in vegetables, nuts, fruits, and grains that are packed with beneficial antioxidants such as folate, beta carotene, vitamins C and E, and lutein.
- Women who are diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a major cause of infertility, should eat a substantial breakfast as studies have found that consuming most of their calories at breakfast help women reduce insulin levels by 8 percent and testosterone levels by 50 percent.
- Couples opting for infertility treatment should avoid trans fats as they are linked to an increased risk of ovulatory infertility. Trans fats are generally found in hydrogenated vegetable oils and generally present in some margarine, fried foods, baked foods, and processed products.
- Women with PCOS should follow a low-carb eating plan as it helps them reduce insulin levels, maintain a healthy weight, and encourage fat loss, all of which help in menstrual regularity.
- Couples opting for IUI treatment should consume fewer refined carbs as these carbs cause spikes in insulin and blood sugar levels. They also have a high glycemic index (GI). For this, they should avoid sugary drinks and foods along with processed grains, including white pasta, bread, and rice.
- Couples opting for IUI treatment should consume more fiber as it helps in keeping the blood sugar balanced and gets rid of excess hormones. For this, they should include sweet potatoes, oats, avocados, and fresh fruits.
- Couples should replace animal proteins (such as eggs, meat, and fish) with vegetable protein sources (such as seeds, nuts, and beans).
- High-fat dairy foods improve fertility while high intakes of low-fat dairy foods increase the risk of infertility. Therefore, couples should prefer one high-fat dairy serving like a glass of full-fat yogurt or whole milk every day instead of one low-fat dairy serving per day.
- Exercise Regularly follow an active lifestyle.
- Should abstain from smoking, alcohol, unhealthy supplements, and anabolic steroids.
- It is important to stay hydrated throughout the day and have a good sleep of about 8-9 nights every day.
- Avoid Excessive Stress and Anxiety.
If you need help with IUI procedures, you can reach out to Omya Fertility, the best IUI centre in Delhi, which has state-of-the-art infrastructure and deploys the latest, advanced, and innovative treatment methodologies. Known for offering exemplary and the best IUI treatment in Delhi, Omya Fertility redefines the concept of infertility treatment options to become the best IUI center in Delhi.
Call Omya Fertility, the best IUI centre in Delhi, to explore the best IUI treatment in Delhi now.
Toggle content goes here, click edit button to chDuring your infertility treatment, our specialists will keep a close eye on the impacts of the fertility medications on your ovulation and plan the insemination accordingly. Generally, the specialist from the best IUI centre in Delhi injects the female patient with an injection of HCG around 36 hours before the scheduled insemination.ange this text.
IUI is an extremely effective and non-invasive procedure with higher success rates of conception. Once you are done with the insemination, we suggest you focus on your health, eat well and get the desired amount of rest that your body needs to ensure successful fertilization and conception. Keep the stress levels to a minimum and keep up with the medications and supplements as prescribed by your infertility doctor.
The egg is viable for a maximum of 24 hours after it is released. So, ideally, the best IUI treatment in Delhi and elsewhere is performed within 6 hours before or after ovulation and the success rates are higher when IUI is done before ovulation with the sperm waiting for the egg. The timings of IUI will slightly vary if hormonal injections are administered for ovulation. In such cases, the timing of IUI can be best decided by your IUI specialist in Delhi.
IUI is relatively an effective procedure for many couples who cannot become parents naturally. But, sometimes, this non-invasive procedure may not be enough to achieve clinical pregnancy and the best IUI centre in Delhi may advise you to move towards IVF which is a minimally invasive technique and comparatively a time-consuming process.
If you are going to undergo the IUI procedure, it is suggested that you indulge in 3-4 days of ejaculatory abstinence to ensure successful insemination and conception in the future. Your doctor will be able to guide you better about the same, so make sure that you follow their suggestions.
The IUI procedure isn’t a lengthy process at all and takes around 15-20 minutes. The professionals at the best IUI centre in Delhi like ours will prep you and then insert the washed sperm of your partner (or donor) into your uterus using a thin catheter. The actual procedure is brief and doesn’t take a lot of time. It is the preparation of the sperm sample that takes up the majority of the time in the fertility clinic's laboratory.
The medications or supplements before or after the IUI treatment in Delhi will depend on your doctor. Sometimes, a mild dose of progesterone as a vaginal suppository is prescribed to be taken. As for the supplements, your fertility doctor will list them out according to the needs of your body.
The success rate of an IUI procedure is dependent on several factors, including the timing of insemination, egg and sperm quality along with the skills of the doctor who is doing the infertility treatment. Also, your body’s acceptance rate and the environment of your uterus also play a crucial role in the success of the treatment.
Yes, it is common and acceptable for a patient to pee after they are done with the IUI treatment in India. However, your doctor might make you wait for 10-15 minutes after the insemination process to ensure higher success rates from the treatment.
The semen is collected into a genital container through ejaculation by stimulation of the genitals into a sterile container. The process is done in a private room of the fertility centre. From the time the sample is received, it takes around 30 minutes to one hour to wash and process the semen sample. Once the semen sample is ready, within two hours of the sample collected, it is inseminated into the uterus of the female.
One common misconception that patients have about the IUI treatment in India is the risk of the injected sperm falling out of the uterus. Just to clarify the doubts, no, the sperm once injected into the uterus won’t fall out of the body. However, you might experience heightened wetness due to the loosening of the cervical mucus lining.
The passage of sperms is carried out with the help of a catheter. The catheter is inserted into the uterus through the cervix and the sample of semen is passed through it. This allows no spilling or falling out of sperms while placing. You may feel wetting as if the sperm is falling after the IUI. This is because of the cervical mucus flowing out.
IUI is a cost-effective technique and after the first attempt of IUI, you can attempt for 3-4 cycles of a well-timed IUI. If couples do not achieve success after four good ovulatory cycles on injectables with well-timed IUI, they can consider visiting IVF centres as advised by the best IUI centre in Delhi.
During the IUI procedure, the sperms are placed inside the uterus passing through the cervix. However, the procedure is performed when the woman is ovulating and the best IUI treatment in Delhi is relatively painless and takes only a couple of hours.
IUIs are best done in a professional fertility clinic where there is all the equipment needed for the same. It is crucial that only an experienced fertility specialist does the treatment for higher success rates.
Generally, the production of more than one egg can increase the chances of pregnancy. Hence, hormonal injections are given in cases where ovaries need stimulation for the production of more eggs. According to studies, 3-4 follicles can give the best chance to attain pregnancy. But, the production of more follicles can trigger multiples.
Artificial insemination or IUI involves natural fertilization within the uterine cavity. The process of fertilization, zygote formation, and implantation of the embryo will take around seven days after the IUI procedure. However, the attainment of pregnancy can be checked after 15 days of the IUI procedure.