Top Factors Affecting Success Rate of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
IVF SUCCESS FACTORS
Potential factors influencing a successful IVF
Infertility and childlessness can be traumatic for couples struggling to conceive naturally. IVF has been a boon to many couples wishing to have children. The IVF procedure is influenced by factors that can determine its success rates. Some of the major factors that need to be considered are mentioned below.
- Age : Age is considered as one of the crucial determining factors of IVF success rate. As women get older, there can be a deterioration in the quality and quantity of eggs and hence, the IVF success probabilities may decline. If we get into the statistical data, the chances of a successful pregnancy increase in women below 35 years of age; accounting for almost 40% globally. While the pregnancy success rate in women older than 40 years decreases to around 4%.
- Infertility condition : It is observed that certain fertility concerns can enhance the complications and difficulties of a successful IVF pregnancy. The presence of dual ovaries, uterine deformities, fibroids, ovulatory disorders are some of the pregnancy hindrances in women.
- Sperm Quality : In men, poor sperm morphology, low sperm quality, and motility can hamper successful pregnancy chances.
- Egg and Embryo quality : Scientists believe that almost 95% of the embryo quality is dependent on egg quality. Good quality eggs can help obtain high-quality embryos and in turn, can improve the chances of a fruitful pregnancy. The fertility issues like dual ovaries, uterine abnormalities, and fibroid tumors increase the difficulties for the women to conceive again.
- Lifestyle habits : Lifestyle indulgences such as smoking cigarettes, alcohol abuse, a poor diet can interfere with the IVF success chances. It is advised to stop such habits at least 3 months before an IVF treatment.
- Fertility center : Below are the factors relating to the fertility center that can add to the IVF success rates:
- Clinic’s experience and the number of IVF cycles performed.
- The success rate of the clinic with the number of live births achieved.
- Experience and skill of the IVF doctor to handle complex infertility cases.
- Extensive laboratories and infrastructure of the fertility center.
OMYA Infertility Treatment has one of the finest teams of experienced dieticians, embryologists, and IVF specialists who are known for their impeccable handling of various infertility complications. This is a place where science meets care and you have all the IVF techniques under one roof. Connect with the fertility specialist at OMYA to have a successful possibility of a fruitful pregnancy.