IVF (In- Vitro Fertilisation) is a process that assists in the conception of couples who, for some reason, are not able to conceive normally. Since it is a global issue, thousands of hospitals and centres for infertility treatment are available across the countries. Finances being a major and a serious consideration in availing these treatments, India has emerged as a forerunner in the treatment of IVF as the cost of IVF treatment in India is 3-4 times lower as compared to other countries and provides one of the best treatments for IVF. We intend to give you an overall idea of the IVF treatment cost in India and the factors responsible for it through this article.
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What Is the Cost of IVF Treatment in India?
- Factors affecting Cost Of IVF in India.
- Why Is India Preferred as The Best Destination for IVF Treatment?
- Take away
1. What Is the Cost of IVF Treatment in India?
If we see the details of the expense incurred in an IVF treatment globally, then, undoubtedly, India will rank first in serving the best IVF, with reasonable IVF treatment cost. The total cost of IVF treatment in India can be divided into three parts:
- Pretreatment expenses: It is around INR 50,000 -70,000 and includes:
- Preliminary male and female blood tests and investigations, ultrasounds, etc.
- All hormonal medications.
- Airport drop costs.
- Doctors’ fees
- IVF treatment cycle costs around INR 90,000-2,10,000 including:
- Standard medications
- Counselling during and immediately after the cycle.
- Egg pick up, embryo culture, and embryo transfer procedures
- Freezing of sperm samples
- Fertility specialist consultations.
- Specialist nursing care and support.
- Advanced IVF treatment costs around 3,10,000 and includes:
- In addition to the above, it has additional costs for advanced diagnostics and analysis (Laser Hatching ,PICSI,Micro TESE,PESA/TESA)
On average, the cost of IVF treatment in India ranges from Rs. 90,000- Rs.3,0000 for each IVF cycle under normal conditions. It can go up to 4,00000 under more critical conditions (Very low or no fertility of both or one of the partners.)
The IVF cost in India under different heads:
|Treatment||(Approximate)Cost in INR|
|Pre Assessment cost||50,000-70,000|
|Endometrial Receptivity Analysis||35,000-40,000|
|ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm||30,000-50,000|
|IMCI (Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection)||2,10,000-3,50,000
|Assisted Hatching- Laser||25,000-40,000|
|-Frozen Embryo Transfer||45,000-50,000|
These advanced procedure’s costs are an add on to the IVF treatment costs.
Embryo Donor for IVF: When either or both partners have serious genetic health conditions, the doctors suggest using embryo donors.
Frozen Embryo Transfer: The preservation of the embryo by freezing helps to use it further, for maybe another baby or if the present embryo doesn’t grow properly.
Testicular sperm Aspiration: Mostly prescribed for men suffering from vasectomy. The sperm is extracted directly from the testicle through a needle.
Endometrial Receptivity Analysis (ERA): This process helps find the best time to place the embryo in the uterus for more chances of a successful conception.
Embryo Glue: It may help support the process of implantation and increase the chances of conception. Its use is debatable; some doctors prefer while some do not.
ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection) is an advanced form of IVF, especially when the male partner has low or poor sperm count. A single sperm is picked up and injected into the ovum.
IMSI (Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection): This technique is used to examine and select and inject the sperm with the highest chances of fertilization into the eggs.
Assisted Hatching: This process improves the implantation process by making a small hole in the embryo to expedite its early stage(Blastocyst) and quickly enter the next stage.
FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer): This is a process of implanting the embryo, which was preserved by freezing.
2. Factors affecting Cost of IVF treatment in India.
- The cost of IVF treatment in India varies across various states and cities of India and also depend on several factors:
- Case complication: In case of severe infertility of either one or both the partners, or if they have had multiple failed IVF, use of advanced and additional techniques may increase the costs.
- Age of the female: The older the woman, especially more than 35 years, has fewer chances of getting pregnant with her first cycle. The more the cycles, the more the cost.
- Cost of embryo freezing: Most couples preserve their embryos by freezing them to use later. So, this will increase the cost of the present treatment. At the same time, the cost will be lesser if this is used later.
- General health: The couple’s medical issues and disorders may decrease the chances of a successful IVF in a single cycle, thus increasing the cost.
- If advanced procedures are involved: Techniques like ICSI, assisted hatching, TESE (Testicular sperm extraction), etc., will add to the expenses.
- Special screening tests: like Preimplantation genetic screening and diagnosis (PGS and PGD), which screens the embryos for chromosomal abnormalities before the transfer, will alter the costs.
- Non-Medical expenses: like the cost of days off from work for the appointments, transportation costs also increase the total costs.
3. Why Is India Preferred as The Best Destination for IVF Treatment?
India is one of the fast-growing hubs for healthcare amongst a wide variety of specializations, the one area where India has an edge over other countries is IVF treatment. Every year thousands of people travel to India to seek IVF treatment. This is due to several reasons that India is considered as the best place for an IVF treatment:
- Highly skilled and expert doctors: India houses one of the best doctors with high qualifications, skills, and specialized training from the world’s renowned places. They hold experience for more than two decades and are capable of handling the most complex cases.
- Best treatment centers: One of the topmost IVF centers is in India with State-of-art technology and infrastructure and the most advanced procedures like assisted hatching, cryopreservation, etc., which are easily available and accessible.
- The high success rate of IVF treatment: This is the top priority for choosing a center, and India is proud of delivering the best results with very high success rates.
- Low IVF treatment cost: Despite the best facilities and best outcomes, the cost is low as compared to other countries, and the cost is an essential factor in seeking IVF treatment.
- Inclusive fertility laws in India. In India, there are no restrictions for a couple to take any kind of fertility treatment, although certain rules have been made to regulate the treatment.
1. Can we have 100 percent surety about the IVF treatment?
The success rates at the best centers are around 50-55% with self-eggs, and with donor eggs, it gets up to 60-65% depending upon age, egg quality, etc. No clinic or doctor can give a 100 percent surety. At Omya Fertility clinics, they promise to give their 100 percent to make your process a success and make it very comfortable.
2. Are there any packages available with IVF treatment costs?
Yes, there are options for packages at many centers, making it even more affordable.
3. Where can I find the best and most affordable IVF clinic?
At Omya fertility centers, you will receive the best treatment and results and a reasonable cost.
At Omya fertility centers, you will be offered a complete suite of embryology and andrology fertility services under a single roof. You will find yourself in the safe hands of the most qualified and experienced reproductive specialist, who assures you to drive through your IVF journey very smoothly, in a comfortable environment, and with the best results. All treatment plans are customized and meticulously planned as per your needs. The entire process is transparent, including the IVF treatment cost, which is pocket-friendly. OMYA IVF laboratory was custom designed by our team of fertility experts and engineers .Omya fertility centers also maintain strict and highest hygienic standards and infection control.